Do you want to know how to add a signature in your forms? If yes, then you are in the right place. In this article, I’m going to tell you how to easily create a signature form using WPForms plugin in three simple steps.
So whether it’s a service agreement, petition form or any other form, you can easily add an electronic signature using 3 simple steps.
What is Signature Form?
The signature form is a type of document that consists of an electronic signature field. These type of forms allow you to easily add the signature in an efficient and hassle-free way.
It can be used in different types of forms like contract forms, online application form, service agreements, legal documents and many more.
What are the benefits of using Signature Form?
There are several reasons why most of the people including digital entrepreneurs, marketers, and bloggers consider going paperless.
1. Easy for clients to sign a document – There is no need for scanning and printing to sign a document. The client can easily do it just by using their mouse or touchscreen.
2. Convenient and Secure – You don’t have to send emails back and forth for getting a document signed.
3. Save time and effort – since you don’t have to waste time sending emails, it means you can close more deals in a short period which leads to fast business growth.
How To Create A Signature Form Using WPForms
To add signature forms firstly, you’ll need to install and activate the WPForms plugin on your website.
Please note that you will need a pro license of WPForms to access the Signature addon so that users can submit digital signature easily. You can get WPForms Pro License at a discounted price by clicking here.
Once you’ve purchased the license key, just head to WPForms >>Settings from your WordPress dashboard and verify the license key to get started.
Next, go to WPForms>>Add-ons page and select the Signature Addon.
Just click on the “Install Addon” button and it will be automatically activated within a few seconds.
Now, you’re ready to use Signature in your online forms.
Step 1: Create Your Own Signature Form
To create a form, go to WPForms >> Add New in your WordPress dashboard area. You will see a simple drag and drop form builder interface like this:
Now, drag the Signature field and drop it where you want to place it in the form.
Step 2: Configure Form Settings
Before you add the form to your agreement page, you should configure its settings. There are three types of settings you can configure:
- General Settings – Here you can change the form name, description, submit button and more. You can also add an anti-spam feature to protect your website from unwanted submissions.
- Form Confirmations – It is a confirmation message that will automatically show when a user submits a form on your website. WPForms offer three types of confirmation to choose from i.e. message, show page and redirect.
- Form Notifications – A notifications will be automatically sent to the users who have submitted a form on your site.
You can also add a subscriber checkbox to your form, but you may have to connect it to your email service provider you use currently.
WPForms offers the following email service integrations:
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
Step 3: Create and Publish Service Agreement
The next and final step is to add your service agreement to your WordPress website.
For this, go to Page >>Add New to create a new page.
Now, name the page as Service Agreement and add the service agreement text to it.
If you using the Gutenberg editor, click Add Block (+) icon and type WPForms in the search bar and select it. Or click on add forms and select agreement for in case of the Classic editor.
Select the service agreement form from the dropdown box and add it to your page.
Now, hit the publish button to make your service agreement page live on your blog.
Isn’t so simple. 🙂
After reading this article, now you may have a clear idea of how to create a signature form in WordPress. You can check our tutorial on how to create conversational forms in WordPress.
If you have any queries or suggestions about this guide, let me know in the comment section below.