Interesting Facts About Google: As we all know Google is a most popular search engine, but apart from that we have lots and lots of interesting things and facts about google that you need to know. Come-on lets see what and all fascinating things we can really able to get from google.
Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University, and was formally incorporated as a privately held company on September 4, 1998. You know there’s more to something than meets the eye when such a massively successful company has such a simple layout though, and I mean that in the best way possible. Google has always done things a little bit differently, and that works to keep things fresh, immersive and consistently progressive.
Here are some Interesting Facts About Google you may not know!
1. Google name was misspelled
The name ‘Google’ was an accident. A spelling mistake made by the original founders who thought they were going to ‘Googol’ a mathematical term which refers to the number 1 followed by 100 zeroes.
2. Google’s original name
Google’s original name was Backrub, based on the system finding and ranking pages based on back links.
3. As part of their green initiative, Google regularly also rents goats to mow the lawns of their mountain view HQ
The employees claim they find it calming to see goats outside the windows.
4. Google web search
Go to the Google homepage and type the words “I want to commit suicide”. Above all the search results, Google provides the Suicide Helpline number of your country.
5. Google Image Search
Search “atari breakout” in Google Images and you can really play the game. So Try it now.
6. The first ever Google Doodle was a Burning Man stick figure that came out on August 30, 1998
It came about when Larry and Sergey visited the Burning Man Festival in Nevada. It was added to the homepage to let users know they were out of office and therefore couldn’t fix technical issues like a server crash.
7. Google number search
Type any number in the search bar till trillion and Google will spell it out for you.
8. Validation of Google Homepage
There is one of the interesting facts about Google that Google’s home page has 28 validation errors and five warnings. Check it out here: Google Validation
9. Larry and Sergey’s private planes have runways in NASA, where no other planes are allowed to land
10. Google Employees when they die
If any Google employee passes away, their surviving spouse or domestic partner will receive a check for 50% of their salary every year for the next decade, and children US$1k per month until they turn 19.
11. No part of a Google office is allowed to be more than 150 feet away from some kind of food
12. Google helps pronounce massive numbers so if you type ‘=english’ after searching for a number
13. Google Sky
Google Sky Maps allow you to view stars, constellations, galaxies and planets. Also Check out www.google.com/sky.
14. There’s a rotated version of Google known as ‘Google Mirror’, which shows everything in a mirrored avatar
It might sound like just a fun and pointless add-on, but it was actually useful in circumventing the Great Firewall in China that banned Google.
15. Google wanted to sell itself to online company Excite in 1999 for $1 million, but the Excite CEO rejected the offer
Google is now worth more than $300 billion. That’s got to sting.
16. Google Mars
Go to Google Mars. You can see a map of Mars. It’s so cool!
17. Crazy Google search
Type “ASKEW” or “TILT” in web search the content will TILT slightly to the right, so try it!!
18. Google’s desert street view
Google hired a Camel to create the street view of a desert.
19. Do a Barrel Roll
Go to www.google.com and just Type ” Do a ” And check the Screen, Or Type “Do a Barrel Roll” and Click on I am feeling lucky and See the Magic
Google has turned into so much more than just a search engine, bringing out innovative ideas and trying out new things on almost a daily basis. It’s hard to imagine where they’ll venture next, though I’m more curious to know what the next Google Doodle is going to be!
See more on: Interesting Google Facts
I hope you like these Interesting Facts About Google in this post. So Don’t forget to comment below: