Here we are discussing about some best ways to improve quality of life
Improve Quality of Life
- Love Yourself. Your body is the vehicle that carries you through your life. Love yourself by treating your body with respect & care. Fuel it well with fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains & lean protein. Move it daily. Don’t smoke, don’t abuse alcohol. Meditate. Help yourself age well by staying flexible, protecting your skin from sun & exercising your mind. Sleep well. Beware the ease in which you critique yourself & indulge in praise instead.
- Think daily. Call it what you will but spend time each day alone with your thoughts.This surely isn’t the first time you’ve heard that advice, there’s a reason for that! There’s also a reason that this is the first step in the list. Doing the other things in the remaining nine suggestions without taking some time to reflect almost negates any benefit gained elsewhere.
- Learn something new. Pick a topic, preferably something you know nothing about and learn something about it. A good source of inspiration for this can be the newspaper or Wikipedia. It helps to retain it if you have time to make a note of what you learned or explain it to someone else, but even if you don’t get the chance to do that, your brain will thank you for the new patterns you introduce as you learn something new every day.
- Spend time with a child. If you have one, consider yourself lucky, But if you don’t, I bet you have friends who would be happy to let you borrow theirs for a few minutes (or hours). It doesn’t matter what age they are, children see the world entirely different. Look at it from their eyes. Be their hero.Appreciate what they appreciate. Enjoy the simple things again. You’ll love it and they’ll love you for it.
- Recognize what makes you happy. Reflect on the parts of your day that bring you real satisfaction. Everyone is working towards something, but what makes you happy now? Rate your overall satisfaction with your quality of life for each day on a scale of 1 to 10, focus on the things that happened that pushed the number higher rather than what made it lower. Try to incorporate more of what made you happy yesterday into today.
- Accept challenge as a natural part of life: No amount of positive thinking will take a challenge away but there are positive ways to see our challenges. Our painful emotions cannot defeat us. We do not need to rid ourselves of negative emotions and nor do we need to over-attached to them. All painful emotions will come and go through the natural process of life. So if we have a bad mood, we don’t need fight it with trying to think positive. Accept the mood and trust that it will pass. Trust that each challenge is here to help you grow and do your best to live effectively when challenged.
- See life as full of opportunity: When we see life in terms of lack or what we do not have we cannot appreciate the beautiful nuances our life brings. Learning to see and appreciate all that we do have makes us grateful. Grateful people see the good while negative people complain. There is nothing more draining for others than to be around someone who constantly complains about life. Learn to see everything as opportunity. Shift from selfishness into gratefulness. This attitude gets noticed by others, it makes us more attractive, and from this, more possibilities open up. People that don’t appreciate the nuances of their lives live in a constant state of suffering.
- Have a purpose: Goals, achieving and striving for something bigger is a sure path to happier life. Happiness is the byproduct of achieving. We are all here to work and to be in action. Without action there is nothing but room for depression and negativity. As we stay busy, moving towards a goal, being creative and innovative, we wake up with a purpose. Inspiration keeps us motivated and active in our lives. Find that purpose that is uniquely yours and don’t wait one more minute to start your journey.
Choose good company: Emotions are contagious and for that reason, we become the most like the people we spend our time with. If our friends and/or family groups are full of emotional vampires, histrionics or self-centered people we will unconsciously become like them. It is difficult to become happier and more fulfilled in life when the people around us are not supportive or demonstrative of positive behavior. Finding positive, motivated people is like riding an escalator into life’s more fruitful spaces.
- No more victim mentality: We cannot grow if we see ourselves as the victim. We are all responsible for our thoughts and our attitude. Take full responsibility for your view point and see the good in the “bad.” If we consistently believe bad things are always happening to us we handicap ourselves. So make this new year the year for you to be the victor. We each have unlimited potential within to design our own reality and to change our lives.
Make positive choices in favor of yourself. Love yourself, take action and watch your thoughts. Thoughts become words and words lead the actions, and actions then become habits. Since this is the process give your attention to gratitude, prosperity, abundance, love, hard work, goals, exercise, eating clean, and getting sufficient sleep. Let these become your habits.
Thanks for reading! Please share this article if you enjoyed it.