Just starting a blog is not enough if you want to be successful in your blogging career. There are a lot of efforts required to make it successful.
There are many people who have started a blog but doesn’t know what is the SEO and you can use it to rank your website on the top of search engine result page.
SEO i.e. Search Engine Optimization is one of the techniques used to gain more traffic to a website by obtaining a high-rank placement in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others.
SEO has two techniques to improve website position in SERP called ON Page SEO and OFF Page SEO Techniques:
SEO can be split into two categories:
|On Page SEO||Off Page SEO|
|➢ Page Content
➢ Title Tags
➢ Url Structure
➢ Alt Text for Images
➢ Fast Loading Pages
➢ SEO Friendly Code
➢ Meta Descriptions
➢ Internal Linking
|➢ Social Networking
➢ Blog & Forum Marketing
➢ Search Engine & Directory
➢ Social Bookmarking
➢ Photo & Video Sharing
➢ Business Reviews
➢ Local Listing
➢ Answer Questions
On Page SEO
On-page SEO refers to all the things that we do on our website such as title, description, content, image, keyword stuffing, internal linking, etc. Overall the on-page technique means structuring or building your website to be search engine friendly.
Also Read: SEO Tutorial For Beginners
Off Page SEO
Off-page SEO is the process to promote your web pages in search engines by doing some activities on the web pages. Also, off-page SEO is the most important part of search engine optimization. It will help make your website popular on the internet, so you can get more visibility.
The difference between on-page and off-page SEO is that with the on-page SEO techniques, we can get visibility in search engines. But off page SEO techniques will help improve your website position in SERP.
As per 2017 statistics, off page SEO is not just about building links. It goes much deeper, as there is a constant advancement in Google’s algorithms. So to keep up with the changing trends, we need to look for the best off page SEO techniques in order to boost our rankings.
Let’s Explain How Off Page SEO Techniques Grow your Traffic Instantly!
Optimizing your website with off page SEO techniques is just as important as optimizing for on-site SEO. There are several areas outside of Google that people go to locate information, so make sure your marketing to those areas as well as to the search engines.
Most popular activities of off page SEO is to build quality backlinks from various high domain authority websites, share content on social media sites and bookmark your web pages in social bookmarking sites.
In my off-page SEO checklist, I’ve explained the most popular and the most effective methods of off page optimization to increase your ranking in search engines.
1. High Authority Backlinks:
Link building is the most famous Off-page SEO method. A website having high-quality incoming links has the higher chance to rank on the top of search engine pages. So, it is extremely important that only QUALITY links flow to your site. Building links too quickly to low-quality sites may harm your ranking or your site may get banned.
2. Social Bookmarking:
Social bookmarking is a way to save, edit, search and share the links on the internet. These Social bookmarking sites are the best way to build quality backlinks. When you bookmark your web page or blog post on popular social bookmarking websites, you gain high traffic to your web page or blog.
Process of social bookmarks submission:
- Step-1 Open a social bookmark website www.delicious.com
- Step-2 Click on login or register button
- Step-3 Enter the “username”. “Email”, “password”, click on register button
- Step-4 Once you register you will get an activation email to your registered email
- Step-5 Open email click on activation link to activate your account
- Step-6 Once you activate login to your account and click on submit button
- Step-7 Select the category and sub-category
- Step-8 Enter the title “copy of the word document” paste here
- Step-9 Enter the description “copy of the word document” paste here
- Step-10 Enter the keywords and other information to click on submit button
Note: once you submit your submission will under review until the website owner will approve if you submit a quality article it will approve within 1-2 business days or sometimes it will take 3-4 weeks for activation.
|S.No||Social bookmarking sites||DA||PA||PR|
3. Article Submission:
Article submission is a way to send your article to articles directory. The Article submission sites allow the users to place some incoming links to their web pages. You can also give links to your website. Make sure your content is unique and of high quality. Low-quality content and content that has more keyword stuffing might get rejected. Choose the correct category and give a good title to your content. Here is a list of top new free high PR do-follow article submission sites.
Process of article submission:
- Step-1 Open an article website
- Step-2 Click on submit article
- Step-3 If you are a return customer login or register as new to get an activation email click to verify
- Step-4 Login to your account click on submit article button
- Step-5 Enter the details of the website which we prepared the document or publish the particular product or service related article.
- Step-6 Click on the preview to see the output how your article looks live.
- Step-7 Click on publish or post button to submit.Once your article is reviewed by admin you will get confirmation email notification to registered email, the article review time minimum 1-2 weeks.
|S.No||Article Submission Sites||DA||PA||PR|
4. Directory Submission:
Directory submission is the process of submitting the links to web pages to web directories. Choose an effective directory and select a proper category. It takes quite some time to deliver good results, but these results stand out over a longer time period.
Process of directory submission:
- Step-1 Open directory website ex: www.technorati.com
- Step-2 Click on submit or submit link button
- Step-3 Select the link type “free listing”, “regular web listing”
- Step-4 Select the main category “business-related service”
- Step-5 Select the sub-category “service or product related name”
- Step-6 Enter the title “copy of the word document” paste here
- Step-7 Enter the description “copy of the word document” paste here
- Step-8 Enter the keywords “copy from the word document” paste here
- Step-9 Enter the Meta description and Meta keywords
- Step-10 Enter the email ID and owner name of the company
- Step-11 Click on submit or continue button
Note: Then confirmation message will display for your submission and you will receive a confirmation mail you must confirm it by clicking on that link some sites send confirmation mail some doesn’t send it.
Here is a list of top new free high PR do-follow directory submission sites.
|S.No||Blog Directory Submission Sites
5. Forum Posting
Forum posting is a way to ask and answer the questions asked by any member of forum posting sites. Participate in search forums which are related to your website and business and make a connection with that community. Reply to threads, answer people’s questions and give your suggestions and advice. Forum posting sites allow asking and answering questions with backlinks.
Advantages of forum postings:
- Forum link building/Posting service is one of the off page SEO techniques which helps in building backlinks to your website.
- Forum Posting is an Internet Marketing service which uses forum communities to build inbound links.
- Forum Posting is an ideal method to quickly build inbound links to your website.
- Produces targeted traffic and generates more sales.
- Deep linking is possible through forum posting which will help in augmenting the SERPs. (SEARCH ENGINE RESULTS PAGES) attracts a lot of referral traffic.
Process of forum posting:
- Open a forum site
- If you have already an account you can login or register as new user get confirmation link to registered email
- Confirm that link to login your account
- Choose related category for your business
- Enter the details of Your Article or questions
- Click on submit or post button get confirm
After submission, your article under review once approved you will get a confirmation email to for activation.
List of high PR forums
|S.No||Forum Submission Sites
6. Blog Commenting:
Blog commenting is a way to post comments to a blog. Some Blogs allow to post a link in comments, so it’s also a good way to build quality backlinks from most popular blogs.
Process of blog commenting:
- Find the relevant your blog
- Read the article
- If you have any quires comment
- If ask login to your email account
- Enter the name and Email ID, website URL, write your query or suggestion on message box
- Click on Submit Comment or Post Button.
- After clicking on Submit you can see your comment live after approving the admin.
Here is a list of free high PR do-follow blog commenting sites.
Free Blog Commenting Sites List
|S.No||Bookmarking Site URL|
7. Question and Answer
One of the best ways you can get high traffic is from question and answer websites. Join high PR question and answer sites and search for questions related to your business, blog or website and give clear answers to these questions. Give a link to your website which will help in bringing you more visibility.
Question and Answer Websites
|S.No||Question and Answer Sites||DA||PA||PR|
8. Social Media
One of the major Off page SEO techniques is social media engagement. If you want to make your business, website or blog popular, engage with people on multiple social media platforms. Social media presence will help grow your business and also help you get more backlinks. These Social media sites are the most common way to boost social and referral traffic. Social media sites may help to improve your ranking instantly by posting the web pages in groups.
|S.No||Social Networking Sites||DA||PA||PR|
9. Link Exchange
Link exchange also a good a way to increase incoming links. You can exchange some links from your relevant blogs or web pages to improve your search engine ranking positions instantly.
Proper On-page and Off-Page SEO work will give a better position to your website in SERP. The above websites are listed based on the website’s PA (Page Authority), DA (Domain Authority) and PR (Page Rank).
Please comment here if you know any other qualities or ideas about off page SEO techniques that we can add to this list which we might have forgotten.
Also See: Best Ways To Increase Your Blog Traffic