Everyone loses hair. In fact, it’s normal to lose between 50 and 100 hairs a day, But what if it seems like there’s significantly more hair loss than that? If you notice it coming out more often or in large amounts, you’ve probably already guessed the bad news. It could be a sign you’re experiencing pattern baldness, follicle damage, or alopecia.
As nobody wants to lose their hair—man or woman. Losing hair does not only influence your overall physical appearance but can have an effect on your emotional condition as well. Scientists and doctors are still working on the best products for hair and there are a wide range of over the counter hair growth potions as well, but in most cases these chemical laden solutions do more harm than good in the long run and And while there’s no “magic” cure, you can naturally control how quickly you lose your strands without having any side effects. In fact, you might even be able to stop abnormal hair loss altogether. Here are 5 powerful remedies to protect your hair and keep it where it belongs—on your head, not down the drain.
5 Powerful remedies to stop hair loss
1. Coconut Milk
You can improve the growth of your hair by applying coconut milk on your scalp and the hair. It is an excellent remedy for any problem connected with hair. Vitamin E and fat present in coconut milk provide good nourishment to hair and help in increasing hair growth. If you have dull and damaged hair, apply coconut milk and soon you will find a great change in your hair. Just take some coconut milk and apply on the scalp and hair. Wait for a few minutes and then wash with water and mild shampoo. Do this twice daily and you will soon get positive results.
How to Apply Coconut Milk
- First you have to comb your hair and detangle it.
- Now take a cotton ball and dip this in the coconut milk. This will make it easy to apply on your hair.
- Apply the milk with the cotton ball on your scalp, hair as well as the tips of the hair.
- Massage your scalp gently with your finger tips. Massaging the scalp helps in increasing blood circulation in the scalp and enhances hair growth.
- Now tie your hair and put a hair cap over your hair. This helps in providing heat to your hair in a natural way and also prevents the milk from falling down from the hair.
- Let the coconut milk remain in your hair for 4 to 5 hours, so that the roots of the hair also receive the milk and get nourished.
- Wash off with a good quality mild shampoo.
- Apply a conditioner after you shampoo your hair.
2. Vitamin E Capsules
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps repair and build tissue. When you apply vitamin E to your scalp, it helps reduce inflammation and repair damage to the follicles, and healthy follicles encourage hair growth. Vitamin E is available in pill form as a dietary supplement in the vitamin section of the drug store. You can use the vitamin E gel from the supplement capsules as a topical skin treatment.
How to Apply Vitamin E Capsules
- Wash your hair and scalp with a mild shampoo. Squeeze the excess water from your hair, and blot your hair with a towel until damp. The vitamin E penetrates best on a clean scalp.
Pour a quarter-sized amount of grape seed, sesame or carrot oil into a small dish. Use grape seed oil for normal hair, sesame oil for oily hair and carrot oil for dry hair.
- Pierce two vitamin E capsules with a pin, and squeeze the contents into the oil. The oils help the vitamin E spread more easily.
- Part your hair into four sections: front-to-back and ear-to-ear. Twist each section and clip it to your head.
- Release one section of your hair. Dip your fingers into the vitamin E oil, rub your fingers together and massage the oil into your scalp. Work the oil from the roots to the ends. Repeat with the remaining sections.
3. Fenugreek or Methi seed paste
Fenugreek is one of natural spices from the kitchen. In India it mostly called with the name “ methi seeds”. The fenugreek seeds are rich of minerals like potassium, sodium, magnesium. It also contains lecithin, which moisturizes hair and protects it from breakage. This fenugreek seeds are used to solve the many hair problems like dandruff, itchy scalp, damaged and dull hair etc.
How to Apply Methi seed paste
- Apply a mixture of powdered methi seeds and coconut oil on the hair and massage. Then, massage it for at least half an hour and keep it on for 3 hrs before providing it a thorough wash-off with a shampoo. This is an excellent remedy in case of hair loss.
- Soak a handful of methi seeds in water overnight. Next day, grind the seed to powder and make a paste of it by adding water. Apply it as a hair mask on the hair and leave it for an hour. Subsequently, shampoo your hair to make them softer and shinier.
- Mix curd and powdered methi seeds and apply the paste on the wet hair. This is an effective remedy to counter dandruff and help control hair fall as well.
- Make a fine paste of fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Apply this paste on your hair and scalp to get longer, lustrous and thicker hair. Most of the south Indian women with thick mane use this remedy for getting their beautiful locks nourished.
4. Egg mask
Conditioning your hair with eggs enhances hair growth because eggs contain lots of protein. Hair is composed of 70 percent keratin protein, so egg protein helps rebuild damaged hair by filling in weakened spots along the hair strand, which temporarily strengthens the hair. Eggs contain a large amount of protein–ranging from 3.6 to 6.5 g per egg–which makes egg conditioning an intense protein treatment. Including egg conditioning in your hair regimen can help you maintain strong hair, which is essential for growth.
How to Apply Egg mask
- Break an egg and place the egg white and yolk into the bowl. Remove the chord-like structure of the egg from the bowl to avoid it getting tangled in your hair.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil. Mix the egg and the olive oil thoroughly with a fork.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over the bowl until you are ready to use it.
- Place the egg conditioner near in the bathroom for easy access. Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo to remove buildup from hair products and natural oils.
- Squeeze your hair of excess water. Place the towel on your hair to remove more water, but do not dry it completely.
- Apply the egg conditioner to every section of the hair. Concentrate on the ends of the hair strands if you have split ends.
- Place your hair in a shower cap. Allow the egg conditioner to sit on your hair for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Wash the egg conditioner out of your hair. Apply a moisturizing condition and let it sit on your hair for a few minutes. Wash the conditioner out of your hair and style it as usual.
5. Onion Juice
Onion is rich in sulfur. This mineral is one of the main building blocks of hair. Onion also has anti-bacterial properties, so it helps with scalp infections that might contribute to hair loss. It improves blood circulation and provides the hair follicles with sufficient nourishment. Therefore, applying onion juice on your hair and scalp stops hair loss and promotes regeneration of hair follicles. The sulfur also promotes collagen formation, which translates to hair regrowth. Onion juice also possesses antibacterial properties, which kill germs on the scalp that may be responsible for your hair loss.
How to Apply Onion Juice
- Peel the onions and chop them into small pieces.
- Squeeze the juice out. To extract the juice, you can use a food processor, a blender, a grater or a juicer.
- Massage the juice into your scalp or cover the bald patches.
- Leave on for at least 15 minutes (longer if you can tolerate the smell) and then wash out using a mild shampoo.